eMarketing Association’s dirty dozen marketing facts
eMarketing Association recently sent me their New Year round-up of marketing stats, taken from Hubspot, iContact, Unbounce and Moz. It confirms what I already suspected – creating high quality content with lots of images and video pays off.
- 85% of people would rather provide an e-mail for an e-book over a tweet.
- Blogs are 63% more likely to influence purchase decisions than magazines.
- Companies that blog more than 15 times per month get 5 times more traffic (that’s my new year’s resolution sorted).
- The average content length for a page that ranks in top 10 position is 2,000 words. If a post is greater than 1,500 words, it receives 68.1% more tweets and 22.6% more Facebook likes.
- Articles with images get 94% more views.
- Using videos on landing pages can increase conversions by 86%
- Videos get 267% more links than normal posts.
- 58% of your audience will stop watching video within the first 90 seconds. 20% of people will read text while 80% of people will watch a video with the same exact content.
- Viewers retain 58% of what they see but only 10% of what they read.
- The average buyer consults 11 consumer reviews on the path to purchase.